Saturday, September 28, 2019

Just a Coincidence? I Think Not! (Week 103)


Monday September 23, 2019
Just a Coincidence? I Think Not! (Week 103)
Hello everyone!


I will be really short today, but just wanted to get something out there. This was a more challenging week, with quite a few cancelled or stood up appointments... but there were good parts too! We are still working with Chi Phuong, who is President Long's wife. We had a great lesson the other day on the Plan of Salvation. She seemed to just get everything! It was super cool. And President Long was able to share a lot, as did Chi Ngoc who helped in the lesson. We now have a consistent schedule set up with her, so that is a plus! And she just seems to like what we have shared. It would also be awesome if she would come to Sacrament meeting, and then we would have another family at church! Also, Em Bac is doing well. His new job is still busy, but he is still doing good. We are not sure what is happening with Anh Dap, he has been canceling a lot lately. And he has not been to church in almost a month now... We may just stop by and visit one day... And we are trying to find new people, but this last week was a bit rough in it. But we are still pressing forward!
 

For some good things, we got to visit Chi Phuong and Chi Uyen's house for dinner yesterday along with Em Huy. It was good, and we talked quite a bit with them. Also, I picked out some ties to buy and take home later, because Chi Phuong makes cool ties. Also, we have district conference coming up on Sunday! We should have a few new Melchizedek priesthood holders in our branch! And it will be my last Sunday here... But it will be cool that we get to have district conference!


 





 

So, I will say this has been a tough week as a whole. And I was starting to feel down a bit, and wonder why things were going as they were, if it was even making a difference. But then I saw a miracle. Two actually. So, while this week has been tough, last night, I got a text from an investigator I had been teaching in Thủ Đức, Em Huy. He told me he was getting baptized this Sunday and thanked me for helping teach him. That was really awesome to hear! So that helped me feel better. And then today, I got a text from Em Vy in Bình Dương, and she is also getting baptized this Sunday! Her parents finally approved! I feel these two pieces of news were not coincidentally done right now. I felt that was God comforting me in the face of affliction. Hearing that helped me see that my efforts have meant something. Everything is done on God's time table, but it is done. And his timing is much better than what we could have planned. I was grateful for this tender mercy, and the renewed strength I now have. I know God is real and knows what we need. He directs all things.


And that leaves me with one more full week! I will make it count! And the few days more after that.

Well, thank you for reading this today, one more letter to go next week!
Oh, by the way, my dad loves to capture a screenshot of his phone counting down my return!

Elder Watson/ Nghiem



P.S. When the world feels upside down, God will put it right side up!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment