Sunday, September 15, 2019

Back to Hà Đông! (Week 98)

August 19, 2019 (Week 98)


Hello everyone!

Sorry I have not gotten out an email the last two weeks, we have been quite busy... but my mom requested I get one out today, so here it is. This week, we had a baptism for Em Linh! It was really cool, and when she shared her testimony it was really good! But something kind of funny, she was worried about sharing her testimony, so she wrote some ideas on her hand before going up! I also got to give a talk, and got to confirm her, which was really cool. The rest of Sunday was good, and we also had a super good lesson with Anh Tan. He has read all of 1 Nephi which is good, and he said he would get baptized if he got a witness from the Holy Ghost that that is what God wants him to do. We promised him God did and would let him know if he earnestly sought it. I think he will seek it and do well.

Well, our other investigators are doing well, especially Em Huy. He is just really open and desirous to learn, and you can just see the gospel blessing his life. Also, we are going to meet Ja Pan and Tram later today, so that will be good. They came to YSA the other day and had a good time. They wanted one more meeting before I go up north so we are meeting today.

Oh hey, did I mention I am going back to Hanoi? Yes I am! And back to Hà Đông of all places! That is where I started! Kind of crazy to think I am going back to my training area. I think the members will be excited to see me, and they will be impressed that I actually know Vietnamese now! And I am excited to go back too, I really loved Hà Đông when I was there. Really exciting!

On the downside, I have to pack for the flight, and I don't know what I am going to do! I will have to throw some stuff out... I have gained items here in the south... That will be the not fun part of P Day today... But right now we are headed to the Buu Long Pagoda, so that will be cool. We are going with the sister missionaries and some investigators. One last trip I guess while we are still here. Otherwise I will be packing all day. Wish me luck!

I am a little sad to say good bye to Thu Duc. I was only here for six weeks! I really wasn't expecting to move at all. But I feel I have grown a lot even in those six weeks, and have followed the Spirit and been able to help a lot of people, and am grateful for the opportunity I had to serve here. I also think the members have grown to like me even in such a short time. I will have to keep in touch and maybe someday will get to return! Well, off to Hà Đông for me, and six weeks left!

I am so grateful for all I have learned as a missionary and all that God has taught me. I have grown in ways I didn't even know were possible. You really can't replace the experience gained on a mission. I will keep doing all I can in the time I have remaining! Have a great week everyone! Talk to you next week!

Elder Watson/ Nghiêm

P.S. I am now 20! For my birthday I got a Big Mac from McDonalds, a pretty luxurious meal! :) Oh. And I got ice cream too! Just wanted to add that! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment