Saturday, October 5, 2019

Last Post From Viet Nam?!? (Week 104)


Last Post From Viet Nam?!? (Week 104)
Monday September 30, 2019

Hello everyone!



I can't believe this will be my last weekly email on my mission! I will be flying home this week. I am super excited to see my family again, as are they, but I am sad to be saying goodbye to Vietnam and everyone here for now. But I have really grown to love Vietnam, and plan to keep in touch and one day return!

 
Well, it was a good last full week. Lots of things happened. One of the main events was we had district conference! That was cool. We had an area authority seventy come as a speaker. It had a lot of focus on bringing the light of the gospel into our lives and the lives of others. President Chiles was sharing about how we can invite others to come and see, come and help, and come and stay. It was really good. Also, both President and Sister Chiles were sharing about hiking. It was funny they had the same topic. Translation probably had a rough time with some English words I didn't even know! Anyways, it was cool to see the whole district there. It has grown a lot since I first got here. We had a few of our investigators come, including someone new named Anh Tuyen, who I taught the restoration while my companion was seeing a doctor and I was in the waiting area. He is pretty cool. He has seen missionaries at the hospital before, and was curious as to what we do. He enjoyed the conference. Also, at the conference, I got to take lots of photos with members before I go. I even got to wear my ao dai, and that was fun! Also, we got to prepare our area to be white washed this week. So we have been preparing lots of good notes! And one of the sister areas is being removed, so that will be interesting for the next district to figure out...

 

Also, the branch had a potluck on Sunday evening for the missionaries leaving the branch, and we all got to share our testimonies. I shared about the changes I have seen in this branch in the time I have been here, and expressed my gratitude that God let me serve here twice in the Hà Đông branch! I will miss it a lot, but will definitely keep in touch with everyone. I feel like Hà Đông is my second home, having started and finished my mission here.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
Wow, I have learned so much on my mission. Today I wrote an email to President Chiles about it. I might send some of that later. But I will just share a bit. I definitely can say I am not the same person that left Tucson Arizona two years ago. First off, I now actually have to shave daily... But besides physically, I am now more social. I know how to talk to people. I am more independent. I know how to follow the Spirit and really trust the Lord's will. I know how to press forward in the face of discouragement. I know the joys that come from service. These last two years have been the toughest and most exhausting two years of my life, but I wouldn't trade them for anything! I know this is God's work. I know he had a role for me here in Vietnam. I am grateful to have done that part. I also know that I have experienced so much joy on my mission, and have made friendships that will last a lifetime. I have seen so many people change for the better, including myself. Go on a mission if you are able. If you give the Lord your all, you will never, ever, regret it! 


Well, I need to sign off now. We have a few more things to do before P Day is through... Hope to see many of you soon
 

Sincerely,
Elder Watson/ Anh Cả Nghiem


No comments:

Post a Comment