Saturday, August 17, 2019

I Am Now In Thu Duc! (Week 93)


Monday July 15, 2019

I Am Now In Thu Duc! (Week 93)
 

Hello everyone,
 

This will be a super fast email. I will give more details next week. Leaving Binh Duong was sad, but cool. We got fed a lot on our way out. We got to go to Anh Nam's house and get barbeque. We went to Em Can's house and met her family. We went to Em Vy's house and got Bun Rieu (a Vietnamese soup with different vegetables and meat, also gelatinized blood...) which was good, and had a good conversation with her whole family! They are really nice, and like what Em Vy is learning at the church. Hopefully she can get baptized sometime in the near future. We also got to meet with Anh Hoan, and I got to say goodbye to him. It was nice. And also, on my last day, Em Vy gave me a harmonica. I don't know how to play, but it was really nice! I think she gave me one because several other elders, including Elder Duy, know how to play. I guess I will have to learn!

 


Well, I am now in Thu Duc. Elder Hieu is pretty cool. He and I have some similar interests, so he is fun to talk to. He is also very intellectual, and likes trivia facts, so that is cool too. He comes from Michigan. The Thu Duc area is nice. The branch is very young, as in it has a lot of younger people, from 17 to mid 20s for most of them. They also have a good primary and youth program, which is cool! And we have several foreigners. I got to translate for Elder's Quorum, and didn't do too bad a job! And I get to give a talk next week on the Book of Mormon! The church itself is very nice. Probably the nicest church building we currently have in Vietnam. It even has trees and such. But it also has quite a few mosquitoes... I have to make sure to wear bug spray. We also bike a bit. My bike has a basket, so that is new for me. And the food here is pretty good, both in taste and price. We have an interesting burger place, it certainly is not American, but is very good.

 

We have several investigators, but so far I have just met two. One is Em Linh. She is awesome, and close to baptism. She is a little nervous about telling her family she wants to join the church though. But she is awesome, and I know God will bless her for her faith. And we are teaching a guy named Anh Nhan. He is cool, and makes really good blended ice! He owns his own cafe. We just taught him about gratitude, and showing God his gratitude, and he really liked it. Otherwise, I will meet everyone else this week hopefully! And the members are all awesome and super active, so that is cool. And we had Family Home Evening on Sunday night at Elder and Sister Baker's house, and that was a lot of fun. We talked about the martyrdom of Stephen. Oh, and the members are all really good at English, and sometimes talk to us in English too. And English club went well this last week. We have ours on Thursdays.

 

Well, that is all I can think of in this short time I have to write. I am sure I will see lots of challenges, but also lots of miracles in this new area. I am excited to work with the people here! And I know the people in Binh Duong will do great with the new missionaries there. It is sad to say goodbye, but I can still contact them, so it is all good!
 
Well, until next week!
 

Elder Watson/ Nghiêm

No comments:

Post a Comment