Saturday, March 24, 2018

Our Apostle, Elder Stevenson is Coming to Hanoi (Week 23)


Sam's email from Monday, March 12 2018; Fun Photos worth looking at! Sam went to a 3D Art Museum, we are posting half of those photos today, and the other half with his next post and his letter from March 19th. Enjoy!
 
 
Elder Stevenson is Coming to Hanoi

Hello everybody!

How is it going with all of you? For me, things are going well here in Vietnam. As the title of this email implies, there is some excitement going on here with the members. Elder Stevenson will be making a stop here in Hanoi and will be talking with all the members in Vietnam. For that, all the missionaries get to attend in person! We are all preparing to receive whatever message he gives, and I will share more on that next week!
So, as for what I have been up to, this week has been a little crazy! Elder Dong Quang and I lost our phone in a taxi, and were unable to retrieve it, so that kind of stinks. On the other hand, it just motivates us all the more to find new people to talk to about the gospel of Jesus Christ! Currently, we have one investigator with a baptismal date! We are trying to help her prepare for baptism in April. We usually meet her a few times a week, and it is quite interesting as we do it through Skype. Otherwise, we are trying to meet with a few other investigators, all of whom are doing well. We are still trying to find new people though, and in particular have been trying to focus on families!

 
Another piece of good news is that Anh Thanh got the priesthood last week! He got to bless the sacrament for the first time, and that was awesome! Self-reliance is also going to start seeing some changes. We think this will be our last week in one class. Next week we will be splitting it up into two, as our class size has been around twenty the last few weeks, and we barely fit in one room! So that is good progress. Going along with that, we had nine nonmembers attend sacrament for the first time last week! The Lord really can perform miracles! We don't know how many of them will become investigators yet, but it is still really exciting that they came. And one thing on top of that is that a lot of members here are preparing to attend the temple in July, which is of course awesome! Sorry if all that information seemed a bit rushed together, but I am trying to write this email rather quickly as I do not have a lot of time.
 
One other thing to mention that is more fun than anything is that I got to visit a 3D art museum here in Hanoi today! Unfortunately, I could not upload the photos today, but I will try to get to that next week, and you can all see those then. It was a lot of fun making funny photos with the other missionaries here, and in total it only cost around ten dollars, so it was pretty good!
 
 
 
 
Well, I think that covers most of the things of this week, and hopefully I will be able to provide a more in-depth email next week. Thank you to everyone out there supporting me in my decision in serving a mission, especially my family. I know I am doing the Lord's work here, and I know that this really is an exciting time in the world!

See you all next week!
Elder Watson/ Nghiem

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment