Saturday, March 24, 2018

In March Already! (Week 22)


Monday, Mar 5, 2018

Hello everybody!
Today I don't have as much time to write my big weekly email, so I will be a little briefer than usual. Hopefully everybody is doing well. Things have certainly been going well here, though it has been busy! As my parents pointed out to me earlier, it is already March! That means in a few weeks I will have already been out for six months! Time really flies by!

So I am happy to report that one of my investigators, Chi Thu now has a baptismal date! That is awesome! She is currently aiming for April 14th! She has really grown a lot in the gospel lately, though she is a bit worried about if she will be ready to be baptized by April. Please pray for her that God will help her prepare for that! We are also still meeting with Chi Uyen. She is also doing well. We are currently focusing on teaching her about sincere prayer and scripture study. One great thing about her though is that she is always willing to try things out. Hopefully she will make more progress on that this week! We also are currently working with a guy named And Duc. He has not started studying the gospel yet, but seems like an ideal candidate. He really cares for his family, and as we all know, what better way is there to help your family than through the gospel? I hope to have more news on him next week! We are also working with some other people we have met. I will hopefully have some more news on some of them next week!

The weather here has been warming up which is nice. No more wearing only black, which my mother is happy about for photos. I am also getting along well with my new companion, Elder Dong Quang. He is really ambitious, and I think we can get a lot done together. Also, I am currently in a trio for three days, as Elder Thao had to go to Hong Kong for a Visa renewal. So we have been working with Elder Thanh. He is fresh from the MTC, but seems like a great missionary. And hey, he is pretty good at chess I have learned, so that is always a plus.

Well, there have been a lot of other things going on as well of course, but unfortunately I have run out of time to write much more. The last thing I will bring up for this week is that self-reliance class has been going well! We had an attendance of eighteen last week, and one of the new people there actually came to Sacrament yesterday as well! The class in addition has been good, and I am now the self-reliance class leader. Now that we have six missionaries, we are trying to figure out the whole teaching scenario. Currently we trade of jobs between teaching, the spiritual thought, and contacting people, but we may actually be able to implement different level classes if the attendance rate stays as high as this week!

Well, thank you all again for supporting me being out here on my mission. This really is the Lord's work, and I know all of you can help with his work too in your own ways wherever you are. I will write to you all again next week!

Elder Watson/ Nghiem
 

No comments:

Post a Comment