Saturday, March 31, 2018

I am going to Ho Chi Minh City! (Week 25)


Monday March 26th, 2018

 
Hello everybody,

Wow, it turns out I am going to be transferring to Ho Chi Minh City on Wednesday. It came as a real surprise, as transfer calls are not supposed to be until next week, but for some reason this transfer is going to end a week early, and the next one will be extended a week. While I am really excited to be going to the south, and am excited to see the members there, I will really miss all of the members here. They are a really great branch. They are super faithful, and really trust in the Lord. I am a bit sad that I won't get to work with them anymore, but I know the Lord will continue to take care of them, and I know the Lord wants me elsewhere.

Along with me moving down south, that does mean that I won't be around for Chi Thu's baptism, which is a little sad. But hey, I know Elder Dong Quang and his new companion will continue to help her, and I know that the Lord will bless her for her efforts to follow the Savior. She is still doing really well with keeping commitments. We have been teaching her the commandments lately, and she has been doing great with all of them. She had some questions with the Word of Wisdom, but when we asked her if she would be willing to follow it, she immediately said yes. As for Chi Uyen, she is also doing well. We invited her to be baptised this week! She is currently thinking about it, but I know as she prays about it, the Lord will let her know it is the right decision to make, and will bless her as she continues to try to learn about the gospel.

As for trying to find new investigators, we got one potential investigator and a former investigator to church this week! Both agreed to meet with us to discuss the gospel this upcoming week as well, which is great. Hopefully they were able to feel the Holy Ghost while they were at church, and that will work in them to help them become more open to the gospel. I know the Lord prepares people to receive the gospel, and I am really excited for them as they embark on that journey.

 
Our branch here is really great in Ha Dong. Seriously, the members here are so friendly. They really care about their fellow man. Just seeing how they work with people who come to the church for the first time, or seeing how they work with people in lessons and their enthusiasm in doing so, you can really see the light of Christ in them and how much they love serving others. I know they will find true joy in their lives as they continue to serve others, and I know that "when we are in the service of our fellow beings, we are only in the service of our God" (Mosiah 2:17).

 
Well, as mentioned, I am on my way to a new branch. I am sure there is a lot in store that I am not expecting, but I know the Lord is on my side and with Him I can accomplish anything.

Thank you again to everyone out there supporting me, and to all of you who read this. To those of you reading this on email, my parents recently updated my blog and it has a lot of really good photos, including some funny ones at a 3D art museum. Check those out if you get a chance.

I will write to you all from Ho Chi Minh City, district Q6 next week! Until then!
Elder Watson/ Nghiem

 

No comments:

Post a Comment