Saturday, April 20, 2019

I am Training?! (Week 80)


I am Training?!
 
Hello everyone!


Yes, as I titled, I am going to train this transfer! I don't fully know what I am going to do, but I am excited for this opportunity the Lord has extended me to help a new missionary in the field learn some of the ropes, and to also learn a lot from him as well. Something really cool about all of the new missionaries is the great energy they carry, sometimes I think some of us older missionaries get too used to being in the service of the Lord that we forget that excitement we once had, but I know that this is the greatest work on Earth! And I am excited to see what I can learn in this next period of my mission! Also, that means I will likely be in Binh Duong for at least two of my last four transfers. Well, as I get a new companion, that does mean that Elder Quoc is going home. We are all sad to see him go, his energy and love have really helped this branch grow! Everyone loves Elder Quoc's big, embracing, slightly choking hugs! As long as they are male. He can't hug any girls until he gets released later this week, but then he is free to get back to a dating life! I have learned so much in my three transfers with him. He is such a great example in his care for those we teach, and in his great desire to serve the Lord with all of his heart, might, mind, and strength. He has helped me become more like Christ, and I really have seen myself grow in my teaching ability, as well as my ability to express myself. I know he has served the Lord well, and will continue to do so in whatever the Lord calls him to back in Idaho!

Our area is doing well. We got thirteen investigators to see conference! And several of them were new! We met Anh Phuong a while ago, and had a lesson with him two weeks ago, but did not get to teach too much, and he did not agree at that time to learn more about the gospel. But we invited him to conference, and he came and loved it! And he brought his friend, Thang! And they both agreed to learn more about the gospel! Another new person was Chi Hang's mom. I think I mentioned her before. She comes from a Christian background, but was interested in understanding more about our church. We were making some progress with her, but had a breakthrough lesson on Friday! Co Cuc Nga helped and gave a history of the world on religion, and it helped resolve a lot of her concerns! She also really connected with our discussion on how to find the truth yourself through prayer! She then came to conference and brought her mother too, and they both loved it! And they connected well with the members! We will keep helping them learn about the gospel, and are really excited for them! Anh Hung came to a few sessions, and something really exciting is he is living the word of wisdom! He made a goal for himself to try it out and is seeing great blessings! That is because God's promises are true! Also, meeting him and finding this out was a cool story that will be explained later... Anh Quan and his wife Chi Thanh came again to church, and loved conference and will come again next week! As did several other of our investigators. I know that the apostles and prophets are guided by God as they prepare their talks, and that the messages they share are specifically for us. I saw that for myself, as well as all the investigators and members who came. Also, invite for everyone. Share a talk from conference with a friend. Think of a friend who could benefit from the message of the gospel. Then think of something you would want to share. Then review your conference notes and get that person that talk. Whether you print it out and hand it to them, send it through Facebook, or whatever, just try to do it. I know members are essential to the growth of God's kingdom in these latter days, and I know he will bless you as you try to share about what you know to be true!

Here is the miracle story of the week. Come around Monday. Normal P Day. At six, we had an appointment with Chi Tram's family. She just got baptized and wants her family to start learning. Also, her mom came to conference. Well, we had planned to go back to contact and make phone calls, but I felt the need to stop by an investigator’s house on the way, Em Vy. Turns out she saw us on the way to our appointment with Chi Tram and was sort of waiting for us! And her brother Duc was there too! We shared the restoration, which helped her, and now her brother is really interested to try out prayer and meet more! He gave a really sincere prayer at the end, and we could all feel the Spirit! Well, that was really cool, but it gets better. We are heading back, and then both Elder Quoc and I felt prompted to stop by Anh Hung and Chi Chi's house, which is also on the way! So we did. Turns out it was the only day Anh Hung was home that week, he had a special training meeting in Hanoi. So we got to talk with them, and he informed us he had just started to follow the word of wisdom to see if the blessings were true! And he had seen them! We encouraged him to keep following the word of wisdom and told him God would bless him! If we had not been by that night, he might have slipped up on his attempt to follow the word of wisdom and then never told us, but I know God had a hand here, and wanted us to help encourage him in this trial of his faith. I know God is preparing him to receive all the blessings of the gospel, and I am really excited for him!

Not too much to report on English, it was pretty usual. But we had several students come to conference to say goodbye to Elder Quoc, so that was nice.

One other thing, we got to visit Anh Ha's house for dinner, and he also invited Anh Hoan! We hadn't seen him in a bit, so it was good to see him, and Elder Quoc gave him a Vietnamese Bible, which was really cool! Anh Hoan really appreciated it.

I don't really have too much else to report on this week. We have to go back soon so Elder Quoc can start packing for his flight on Wednesday up to Hanoi, and then Thursday to America!


Elder Watson/ Nghiem
 
 
P.S. I was excited to get another package from my family! It included another camera case so I can carry my camera every day a little easier again and have a few more pictures to share with you each week. The box was just a little mangled when it arrived...but everything was still inside. Did you know Cadbury eggs taste the same even when they've been smashed? Awesome! 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment