Saturday, February 10, 2018

Time for a trio? And prepping for Tet...(Week 18)

Date: Sun, Feb 4, 2018 at 11:11 P.M.
Subject: I am now in a Trio?!
Hello everyone!
Wow, what a crazy week! As the title of this email implies, I am now in a trio, but we are in the middle of a transfer! One of our elders in our apartment, Elder Quoc, has now been transferred down south, so Elder Thao is now in our trio! Things will certainly be interesting covering an entire area in one companionship, but we'll do just fine, and with Tet coming up things will start to slow down with everyone being busy, so we might actually do alright.
 

So of course the most exciting thing coming up this week is that Anh Thanh is getting baptized on Saturday! He is awesome, and is super excited to be a member! He knows that a lot of people will be out of town for Tet this week, but when we gave him the option of waiting until after Tet to get baptized, he told us he wants to be baptized as soon as possible, which is great! Our other investigators are all doing well, although things are slowing down with Tet coming up and everyone being busy, but we are trying to help them.
I also learned how to make sticky rice pork cakes this week! It is quite an interesting process, and it takes twelve hours of cooking to make. My parents will attach a few photos showing the process. I also found new flexible abilities in a weird impromptu flexibility contest of sorts. Basically everyone here thinks it is funny how I walk diagonally and sit criss cross sometimes in chairs. Well, they started trying to copy me, and yesterday we got into a contest of sorts. The end result was the picture attached below. It is a little crazy, but it actually doesn't hurt, and was something I found quite funny this week.



One other thing to mention this week is that we got to go bless Chi Phuongs new house! It was cool, as it was the first time I have been to one here in Vietnam.

Alright, well I am running a little short on time here this week, but I hope everyone is doing well. And wish luck to my trio, we should have our hands full this week for sure!

Elder Watson/Nghiêm
 
P.S. Sorry that there are not tones on names this week. And seriously, look at the photos below!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment