Saturday, September 22, 2018

A Very Special Invitation… (Week 50)


A Very Special Invitation…
 

Monday September 17th, 2018

Hello everyone,

I am very short on time to write today. My district is going ice skating (which I have never done before. I mean I am from Arizona...) so I have just a few minutes. So, the title of this email is from my companion, he thought he would use it to relate a funny story... So I will be more to the point, but we had a special invitation to... wait for it... the police station! So you know the using a sign method I brought up we learned about last week. Yeah, that is not allowed without a permit. So unless the church gets permission for us to use signs, we are not going to be doing so for a while... But it was all good. While technically my companion and I were detained for two and a half hours, it was not too bad. They just needed to clarify we could not do that, and had us write a statement and then write that we would not do it again. They were actually really nice to us, and one of the officers actually wants to meet for smoothies at some point! Also, we got to bring a member to translate, and they brought in another lady to translate the second statement, and she wants to come to our English activity, so funnily enough, we still got a contact out of going to the police station! Well, no need to worry about me here, it was all fine, but certainly makes an interesting experience to share!


Quick summary of missionary work here. We got five new investigators! And one is a super cool referral who already has a baptismal date! She learned a little in Taiwan, and is really excited to learn more with us, though we have to Skype call her. The others are all pretty cool too. One started attending our activities this week, and decided she want to learn more! And the other came to Sacrament out of curiosity, but really liked it, and she two wants to learn more! We had a few other appointments this week, but a lot fell through... you know "oh it's raining, I can't come." or "oh, did I forget to tell you I was out of town?" or my personal favorite, just not coming at all and blocking our number. We will try to meet some of them again this week. It is a little sad, but hey, we have had great success, so that is good! Also, we met Co Ngoc again. She really loves the gospel, but is afraid to commit to baptism, she feels she does not have enough time to fulfill church responsibilities. She asked if she can believe in the church but not be baptized. We will try to keep working with her highlighting the importance of baptism and helping her see the Lord will certainly help prepare a way for her! As in 1 Nephi 3:7! (which I recently memorized in Vietnamese!) Also, Em Trang is doing awesome! It is so cool seeing how she has changed, from two weeks ago probably not even having considered learning about the gospel to now meeting to learn more! She is really cool! She does worry about her family not accepting the message though... We will keep working with her!



One more note, there has been a big typhoon here, possibly affecting Hanoi, but I think they are okay now. Plenty of rain in all of Vietnam though!

Well, see you all next week! Things are still going good here! No more sign, but that is okay. See you all next week!

Elder Watson/ Nghiem



 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment