Saturday, August 25, 2018

Birthday Week! (Week 46)

Monday August 20th, 2018
 
Hello everyone!



I don't have a lot of time again this week, so I will be brief. My birthday was good! Not too much special for my birthday, we still had to be doing work, but at the end of the day, my companion and I stopped at Popeyes for dinner. Funnily enough, there was another guy there named Hien who was celebrating his birthday with his two brothers! I thought he was joking with me when he told me it was his birthday too, but then his friends came! I invited him to English class on Tuesday and hope to see him there! Anyways, as we hadn't done too much for my birthday, I bought myself a cheesecake dessert thing at Popeyes thinking that is what I would get, and feeling content enought with that. Awesomely enough, when I got home, the other elders in the apartment had decided to get me a birthday cake! It was super nice of them. My parents have photos of the cake they will probably post on the blog. No people in it though, as no one was in proper attire for photos... Still, it was super nice, and a good birthday!





In the area, we are doing good. We met Co Ngoc and Em Tram again, and shared the Plan of Salvation, they are very open which is awesome! We also got Anh Huy, a former investigator, to meet us, and he wants to learn again! Besides that, we have been out contacting a lot! Unfortunately we were told we could not use our sign at Aeon Mall anymore, but I am sure we will find other ways of contacting people! We have met several already who we shared a message with and now they are considering meeting again. We even have an appointment tonight! Hopefully that goes well! We had a fun barbeque for ban xeo on Saturday and got a lot of non members to come to that too, which was great! So the work is definitely going forward there.






The weather here is quite interesting. It is raining like crazy here! We keep getting caught in rainstorms, but are pressing on.


That is about it for this. I need to go now, but will share more next week! I think we are going to a Vietnamese market today, which should be fun. I will talk to you all next week!

Elder Watson/ Nghiem

Here is a picture of me on my 8th Birthday. This is the year I was baptized a member of the church!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment